As an essential employee of Great Plains Technology Center, I acknowledge that I am expected to adhere to the guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the workplace while performing work on GPTC campus for any length of time.
This guidance includes;
- Follow the policies and procedures of Great Plains Technology Center related to illness, cleaning and disinfecting, and work meetings and travel.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Inform your supervisor/Director if you have a sick family member at home with COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. Dirty surfaces can be cleaned with soap and water prior to disinfection. To disinfect, use products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2external icon, the cause of COVID-19, and are appropriate for the surface.
- Avoid using other employee’s phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible. If necessary, clean and disinfect them before and after use.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.
I acknowledge that I am expected to immediately report to my supervisor and/or Director if I should begin to display any symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, or shortness of breath) that could be related to COVID-19. I acknowledge that I may be asked to stay home or leave campus immediately to seek medical assessment in order to protect the health and safety of myself and others.